Debt Management Unit
The Debt Management Unit is the third branch of the Finance Section, which is charged with the responsibility of monitoring and pursuing accounts that are in arrears as it pertains to the services offered by the Department of Lands and Survey.
Accounts that are in arrears are pursued by the following steps:
- Updating of accounts to reflect current and old taxes
- Prepare and mail tax/rent statements along with arrears notices countrywide
- Offer partial payment on accounts with arrears
- Monitor progress of payments on arrears of accounts
- Court action to recover taxes owed